TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated July 2021
1. Terms. These terms and conditions of service (“Terms”) apply to your use of the Site. These Terms may be modified at any time by us upon posting of the modified Terms. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these Terms at any time at www.crushcontracts.com/legalstuff. Company may terminate these Terms at any time, with or without notice, for any reason. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of these Terms. Please review these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use this Site. Your use of this website is at our discretion, and we may terminate your use of this website at any time.
2. Service. Service includes, but is not limited to, the Site, related technologies, and any software, data, reports, text, images, sounds, video, and content made available through any of the foregoing, and any new features added to or augmenting the Service, and all enhancements, modifications, and derivative works thereof (“Service”). Service may include creation of contracts, legal documents and esignature. You understand and accept that Company is not a law firm and Services are not legal advice. All information contained in the Service is for educational and self serve purposes only.
4. Intellectual Property. All content included on the Site and Service is, and shall continue to be, the property of Company or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this Site. Except as expressly described herein, the Terms doe not grant either party any rights, implied or otherwise, to the other's content or intellectual property.
5. Your Content. When you use our Services, you provide us with your files, contracts, content, messages, contacts, and so on (“Your Content”). Your Content is yours. These Terms don’t give the Company any rights to Your Content except for the limited purposes for the Company to offer the Services to you.
6. Feedback. By submitting any ideas, feedback and/or proposals to Company regarding the Services ("Feedback"), you expressly acknowledge and agree that: (a) Company is not under any obligation to you, including any obligation of payment of compensation or confidentiality, with respect to the Feedback; and (b) Company may freely use, assign, transfer, distribute, exploit, and further develop and modify the Feedback for any purpose. To the extent any copyright or other intellectual property ownership interest vests in you with respect to the Feedback, you hereby grant Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, irrevocable, sub-licensable, and perpetual right and license to make, use, copy, sell, distribute, otherwise exploit, and create derivative works of the Feedback. Further, you irrevocably release Company from any and all liability and claims that may result from or are related to the rights to the Feedback.
7. Aggregated and Anonymized Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, Company may collect and use data regarding the use and performance of the Service in anonymized and aggregated form, to analyze and improve the Service and for distribution in general benchmarking data and industry reports, provided that any reported user data is aggregated and anonymized such that no personally identifying information of its users is revealed.
a. Use and Disclosure of Confidential Information. The Recipient will only use the Disclosing Party's Confidential Information to exercise its rights and fulfill its obligations under this Agreement and Order Form, and will use reasonable care to protect against the disclosure of the Disclosing Party's Confidential Information. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, the Recipient may disclose the Disclosing Party's Confidential Information (i) to its Delegates who have a need to know and who are bound by confidentiality obligations at least as protective as those in this Section 5 (Confidentiality); (ii) with the Disclosing Party's written consent; or (iii) subject to Section 5(b) (Legal Process), as strictly necessary to comply with Legal Process.
b. Legal Process. If the Recipient receives Legal Process for the Disclosing Party's Confidential Information, the Recipient will: (i) promptly notify the Disclosing Party prior to such disclosure unless the Recipient is legally prohibited from doing so; (ii) attempt to redirect the third party to request it from the Disclosing Party directly; (iii) comply with the Disclosing Party's reasonable requests to oppose disclosure of its Confidential Information; and (iv) use commercially reasonable efforts to object to, or limit or modify, any Legal Process that the Recipient reasonably determines is overbroad, disproportionate, incompatible with applicable law, or otherwise unlawful. To facilitate the request in (ii), the Recipient may provide the Disclosing Party's basic contact information to the third party.
9. Minors. This Site is not directed towards children. If you are a minor (under the age of 18), you can use the Services only with the consent of your parents or legal guardians. If you are a minor, please do not submit any personal information to this website. IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OR YOUNGER, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE OR ANY OF ITS SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE AT ANY TIME. This Site is not intended for any children under the age of 13.
10. Site Use. Company grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to use this Site solely for your own use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the site, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this Site is at our discretion and we may terminate your use of this Site at any time. Subject to your compliance with all the terms and conditions of these Terms, including any payment obligations, you may access and use the Service only for its intended purpose only during the term of your subscription for the Service.
11. Use Restrictions. You will access and use the Service for lawful and authorized purposes only, and in no event in connection with competitive research or for scoping, benchmarking, developing, or providing any similar or competitive product or service. In addition, you may not exceed the scope of your authorized use of the Service. You may not obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us to access the Service. You may not share individual login credentials for the Service with unauthorized users, and you will ensure that each user has separate login credentials. You must provide true, accurate, and correct information at the time of registration and account creation, and thereafter. You may not misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
12. Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, password and account and for all activities that occur under your login or account. You will promptly notify Company if you learn of a security breach related to the Service, including the compromise or loss of any of your login credentials. Company reserves the right to access your account in order to respond to your requests for technical support or to ensure proper functioning of the Service. Company has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Service, or your content. Company will do so if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is protecting Company, the Service, or other users of the Service. Company will maintain industry standard administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of your content uploaded by you.
13. Payment. Except with respect to any "free" or “free trial” of the Service, you will be required to select a payment plan and provide Company information regarding your credit card or other payment instruments accepted by Company. You represent and warrant to Company that such information is, and will be maintained as, true, complete, accurate, and up to date, and that you are authorized to use such payment instrument. You agree to pay and hereby authorize Company to bill your payment instrument in advance on a periodic basis in accordance with the terms of the applicable payment plan until you terminate your account in accordance with these Terms. All fees may be changed by Company at any time and such increased fee amount will be notified to you and applicable in the following billing cycle (or such other future time notified to you by Company). Company may charge fees for features of the Service that were previously free. Unpaid or trial use of the Service is subject to limitations, as may be described in our documentation or otherwise on our Site.
14. Refunds. Company understand that sometimes, businesses need to scale down. You may receive a refund on unused annual prepaid accounts minus any cancellation fees for certain plans. Pleaser refer to the Help Center for refund details. If, the Company terminates your account on the Service without cause, you will be entitled to a prorated refund of prepaid amounts. If the terminates your account for cause, you will not be eligible to receive any refunds.
15. Third Party Services. The Service may enable linkage between various online third-party services such as third party email, cloud storage, social, and similar services (“Third-Party Services”). If you chose to take advantage of these feature and capabilities, you may be required to authenticate, register for or log into Third-Party Services through the Service or on the websites of their respective providers. By linking your account on the Service to your account on a Third-Party Service, you are authorizing Company as your agent to access your Third Party Service account and any information, content, materials, and features included therein, and use such Third Party Service with read and write privileges on your behalf for the purpose of integrating your experience on the Service with such Third Party Service. Your use of the Third-Party Services is governed solely by the agreement between you and the provider of such Third Party Service, and the Third Party Services provider is solely responsible for such Third Party Service and you agree that Company is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
16. Mobile Services. The Service may include certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (“Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices.
17. Termination. Services will automatically renew for successive additional terms of the same length to the initial Service term. You may terminate your account at any time. You shall have thirty (30) days to restore your Services.
18. Suspension and Termination by Company
You agree that Company may at any time, and without notice, suspend or terminate any part of the Service, and delete any Content stored on the Site, in Company's sole discretion, if you fail to comply with the Terms or applicable law, or if you do not accept and agree to be bound by any modification to these Terms. Company will use good faith efforts to provide reasonable contemporaneous notice to you prior to suspension or termination of your account by Company. All of your content on the Service may be permanently deleted by Company upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion.
19. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Site. You further agreed that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
20. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company and our partners, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of these Terms or use of the Site.
21. Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Company DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
22. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
23. Additional Rights. You may have additional rights under certain laws including consumer laws which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in these Terms that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
24. Arbitration. Most user concerns can be resolved quickly and to the user’s satisfaction by emailing user support at email@example.com. In the unlikely event that the Company’ support team is unable to resolve a complaint you may have Company and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims that may arise from your use of our Services.
26. Copyrights. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have otherwise been violated, please provide a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. Governing Law. You agree that the laws of the state of Illinois, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions will govern this Terms and any dispute that may arise between you and Company or its affiliates.
28. Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
29. Waiver. The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of these Terms by Company must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Company.
30. Marketing. Company reserves the right to use your name and/or company name, logo, and trademarks and to identify you as a Company user or customer, and for other similar marketing or promotional purposes on Company’ website and in other communications and collateral materials provided to with existing or potential Company customers, partners, and investors. To decline Company this right you need to email email@example.com stating that you do not wish to be used as a reference.
31. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in these Terms or your use of the Site shall be construed to constitute either party as a partner, joint venturer, employee or agent of the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Neither party has any right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain independent contractors responsible for its own actions.